About our Village
Summerset at Aotea in Porirua, Wellington is a well-established village, offering a wide range of living options.
Our living options include villas, apartments and serviced apartments and we offer a full range of aged-care services from in-home support to rest home-level care. Our support services include housekeeping, laundry, delivered meals and medication assistance. Summerset at Aotea residents have priority access to our two Care Centres in nearby villages at Trentham and Paraparaumu should hospital-level care be required.
Please contact our Sales Manager for more information on availability.
Our friendly team is dedicated to ensuring our residents get the most from their retirement.
- Divine Café
- Lounge area with large screen TV and OHP
- Pool table
- Hair salon
- Exercise room
- DVD library
- Resident computer with internet access
- Residents' bar (for our popular Happy Hour)
- All-weather bowling green
- Petanque piste
- Indoor spa pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- BBQ facilities
- Men's Shed
- Children’s playground
- Guest Wi-Fi within the village centre
- Organised outings and events
- Courtesy van for organised outings and trips to the local shopping centre
- 24 hour monitored emergency call bell system
- An elected Village Residents' Committee that liaises with the Activities Co-ordinator on the activities programme and other village matters
In the area
- Close to the beautifully landscaped Aotea Lagoon, historic Gear Homestead and Pataka museum (a leading museum covering Maori and Pacific artefacts)
- We are positioned at the entrance to the Kapiti Coast which has 54km of coastline and are a short drive away from Plimmerton Beach village
- Situated with a unique outlook across a nature reserve, featuring the Belmont Hills in the background
- 25 minutes north of central Wellington and the Hutt Valley, 5 minutes north of the diverse Porirua shopping centre