About our Village
Summerset is a nationwide operator of retirement villages in New Zealand.
Summerset on Summerhill is a well-established village with lovely semi-rural views, offering a wide range of living options.
Our living options include villas and apartments and we offer a full range of aged-care services from in-home support to rest home and hospital-level care. Our support services include housekeeping, laundry, delivered meals and medication assistance.
Our friendly team is dedicated to ensuring our residents get the most from their retirement.
Please contact our Sales Manager for more information on availability.
To find out more about our village facilities and activities, see below.
Summerset on Summerhill offers:
- Recreation Centre for social activities including lounge area with large screen TV
- Pool table
- Exercise room
- Divine Cafe
- Library with computer and internet access
- Hair salon
- Residents' bar (for our popular Happy Hour)
- All-weather bowling green
- Petanque piste
- Indoor spa pool
- BBQ facilities
- Children’s playground
- Vegetable garden
- Workshop/hobbies shed
- Organised outings and events
- Courtesy van for organised outings and trips to the local shopping centre
- 24 hour monitored emergency call bell system
- An elected Village Residents' Committee that liaises with the Activities Co-ordinator on the activities programme and other village matters
In the area
- Summerhill Shopping Centre is adjacent to the village
- We are located beneath the wind turbines and have a view over to Mt Ruapehu