We understand moving to a retirement village is a big decision and we want to provide as much certainty as we can to help make your decision easier.
Before you make any commitment to us we will outline the commitments we will make to you. This is so you know who we are, what we stand for and what you can expect from us.
- Your lifetime occupation right entitles you to occupy your home for as long as you wish.
- The village weekly fee fixed to increases in NZ superannuation for life.
- Exit arrangements are clearly explained, agreed and put in writing when you arrive.
- You will have absolute certainty about how much you or your estate will receive on exit.
- Summerset takes total responsibility for the refurbishment, marketing, legal administration costs and on-selling of your unit. These costs are covered by your deferred management fee.
- We have an excellent transfer policy, and the Deferred Management Fee is only ever paid once, even if you move to another home within a Summerset village. However for people who move into a Summerset care suite that provides dementia care (currently planned for our Levin village), the Deferred Management Fee will be payable again.
- We have an industry-leading disaster policy which means come storm, flood or earthquake, you won’t be without a home. You can be certain that if the world falls apart, yours won’t.
- Village weekly fee stops immediately, once your home is vacated.
- We run a vulnerable residents programme free of charge.
- All this is supplied by a large, well respected company backed up by a large capital base.